200 g de Organic quinoa real & rice fusilli
½ onion, finely sliced
½ red pepper, finely sliced
6 sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil, chopped
1 handful rocket leaves
Salt & pepper to taste
20 g basil leaves
40 g toasted cashews, pine nuts or walnuts
1 small garlic clove
1 tbsp lemon juice
4 tbsp extra-virgin olive oil
4 tbsp water
2 tbsp nutritional yeast
1/4 tsp sea salt
1. To prepare pesto. Combine in a food processor the basil leaves, toasted cashews, garlic, lemon juice and pulse until well chopped. Add the olive oil, water, nutritional yeast, salt and pulse until combined.
2. Taste and adjust, adding more nutritional yeast or salt, as desired. For a smoother pesto, add more olive oil or water. Set aside.
3. Heat a large frying pan with olive oil. Sauté onion and peppers, add a pinch of salt and ground pepper. After about 5 minutes, add sun-dried tomatoes and rocket, gently wilt them in the flavoured oil.
4. Meanwhile, cook the Organic quinoa real & rice fusilli for 5-7 minutes in large saucepan of boiling, salted water with a dash of olive oil.
5. Then add cooked pasta to the pan and 4 tablespoons of pesto. Toss to combine, you can add a little pasta water too if you wish.
6. Serve with nutritional yeast if desired.