150 g uncooked organic quinoa real
4 tbsp of water
1 tbsp of extra virgin olive oil
1 tsp dried oregano or basil
¼ tsp salt
½ cup raw cashews (50g)
6 tbsp quinoa rice drink or water
4 tbsp vegan pesto
1 tsp garlic powder
½ zucchini, thinly sliced
½ onion, thinly sliced
1. Start by soaking the quinoa. Cover the quinoa with warm water and soak for about 3 hours.
2. Thoroughly rinse the soaked quinoa, then put it in a blender. Add water, olive oil, oregano and salt. Blend on high until smooth and creamy. The batter should be like a thick pancake batter.
3. Preheat oven to 200°C and line a baking sheet with parchment paper. Add 1 tbsp of olive oil and spread it evenly on the surface. Pour the batter and use a spatula to smooth out the batter evenly into a large rectangle shape. Try not to make it too thin, about 4-5 mm should be ok.
4. Bake for 10 minutes, then remove from the oven and flip it. Top the quinoa crust with a thin layer of pesto cream, zucchini and onion. Bake for 20 more minutes or until until the edges are browned.
5. Drizzle the vegetables with more pesto if desired and serve immediately!
6. To make pesto cream. Drain cashews and add them to a high-speed blender with quinoa rice drink, pesto and garlic poder. Blend on high until completely smooth.
1 cup = 250 ml
1 tbsp = tablespoon
1 tsp = teaspoon